The senior trade support specialist will work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with daily deadlines. Qualified candidates should have experience with the buy side / investment management industry with a specialization in trade settlement operations. The role will entail mitigating all operational risks, continually seeking ways to improve processes, partnering with technology to capitalize on all system capabilities, and developing strong client relationships.
The role will support fixed income, equity, and mutual fund/ETF businesses for Archer’s middle and back office investment management services.
- Manage all aspects of the trade confirmation, affirmation and settlement process with the client, brokers or custodian banks
- Follow the life cycle of the trade from pre-matching to physical settlement at custodian/broker
- Proactively research trade date alerts and breaks throughout the day to ensure timely settlement for all executed trades
- Provide confirms/trade details to numerous custodians daily for booking
- Ensure custodians are notified in a timely manner of all investment manager client trade activity
- Coordinate accurate account and broker delivery instructions with client trading departments and vendor applications
- Work with counterparties and custodians to resolve trade fails in a timely manner
- Strictly adhere to established departmental processing procedures and controls
- Review and resolve differences relating to intra-system reconciliations
- Monitor daily trade activity for potential issues and communicate a resolution to the necessary party while following appropriate escalation procedures